I am learning to follow a recipe to make snacks.
I know I can do it when I have followed a recipe and made snacks with my family.
In preparation for the disco coming up tomorrow, we thought it would be a fun activity for you to make some disco snacks.
Choose one or more of the recipes below to make. It can be your special snack to have after the disco.
Choose one or more of the following recipes:
- Packet of marshmallows
- Chocolate to melt (can be cooking chocolate or chocolate melts)
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave or a double boiler and let it cool a little.
- Dip half of each marshmallow in the melted chocolate and make them stand, chocolate covered parts will look up.
- Wait 2 minutes and then dip them into sprinkles
- Chill for 30 minutes and serve or pack away.
Pretzel Party Lights
- Packet of pretzels
- White chocolate to melt (can be cooking chocolate or chocolate melts)
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave or a double boiler.
- Dip the pretzels in the chocolate (Use a fork and tap the pretzel against the side of the bowl to let any excess chocolate drip off).
- Place the pretzels on a baking sheet.
- Apply sprinkles before the chocolate hardens.
Fruit Disco Sticks
- Fruit of your choice cut up into small chunks
- Marshmallows (optional)
- Take a wooden skewer and thread your chosen fruit onto each.
- Place a marshmallow on the end if you wish to.
- Repeat process to make as many as you like.